Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

This week I got pack into a pumpkin phase.  I made pumpkin oatmeal and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  Out of the two of those, the cookies were way better, so here I'll share the recipe I used.  I found it online; here's the link.  These cookies are cake-like, rather than ooey-gooey cookie-like, but are still quite tasty.

The first step in making these cookies (like almost any other cookies) was to combine the wet ingredients.  In this case, the wet ingredients were pumpkin, oil, egg, and sugar.  Next, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, etc. Unlike traditional chocolate chip cookies, these also include fall spices: nutmeg and cinnamon.


Next, combine the wet and dry ingredients together, just until blended. 



After the ingredients are blended, you should have a cake-like batter, rather than a cookie-like batter.  Stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla.  I'm not sure why this recipe calls for the vanilla right at the end, rather than with the wet ingredients.  I would be that the recipe would turn out equally well adding the vanilla earlier.  I used mini chocolate chips in this batch of cookies.


Once the dough is complete, with chocolate chips, place cookie-size amounts onto a greased baking sheet.  If you want small cookies, use a smaller amount of dough than if you want larger cookies.


Then, bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.


I brought these cookies to work and to a Halloween party.  All around, they had very good reviews.  Unfortunately (for him), my boyfriend prefers traditional chocolate chip cookies to pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  I'll have to make a batch of those soon! Has anyone tried out the New York Times recipe that is rumored to be fabulous?

No comments:

Post a Comment