Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baguette french toast



Looking for another way to use day old bread?  Look no further.  Last night I had leftover baguette from dinner earlier in the week.  I didn't really feel like cooking (surprise, surprise), but didn't want the baguette to go to waste--this was a yummy one from a bakery, not one that I botched making.  To keep it from getting stale and inedible, I made french toast out of it.

Everyone probably already knows how to make french toast, but here's a refresher.  First, I scrambled two eggs with a little milk and some cinnamon and nutmeg.  Next, I dipped the sliced baguette into the mixture, letting it absorb. 

 

Then, I cooked the soaked bread in a frying pan over medium heat until the mixture set up and the bread was lightly browned. 

 

What's left to do but smother the toast in butter and syrup and eat up? Simple, but delicious.  A great easy meal for breakfast or dinner, using leftover ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment