Thursday, February 16, 2012

Croutons



Well, I might have lied a little in that last post.  I said that I ate the first loaf of bread.  It turns out I only ate about half of the loaf.  I really just don't eat that much bread.  After it had sat out for about a week, and was getting nice and crusty, I decided to put it to good use...and make croutons.  While I had never done this before, it turned out to be really easy. Here is the half loaf of bread that I started with.

 

 The first step is to cut up the bread into cubes, that are about 1/2 inch across.

 

Then, mix the bread cubes with melted butter or spray with non-stick spray and sprinkle on whatever spices you want.  I chose a little garlic salt and parsley.  All that's left to do is bake the croutons in the over for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.  Voila, you have your very own home made croutons from bread that might have otherwise gone to waste.  Store the croutons in an air tight container use them on anything from soups to salads! 


No comments:

Post a Comment