Saturday, March 24, 2012

Banana Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

 

By now, you may be able to guess my favorite ingredients to put in baked goods:
  • Banana
  • Pumpkin
  • Chocolate chips
A couple of weekends ago I combined them all into one glorious muffin. I was going out of town for the weekend with a couple of friends, and knew we would get hungry on the drive to the mountains.  These muffins were perfect for the road.

I modified the recipe from another blog's recipe for pumpkin banana chocolate chip bread.  You can find the original here: http://www.runningtothekitchen.com/2011/09/pumpkin-banana-chocolate-chip-bread/.

Muffins are pretty easy to make.  First, mix the ingredients together. In this case, the ingredients were whole wheat flour, unbleached all purpose flour, wheat germ, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, bananas, pumpkin puree, egg, applesauce, milk, and chocolate chips. As far as muffins go, I think this is a pretty healthy version.


This is the type of mess that normally occurs when I am cooking or baking.



Then, put them in a greased muffin tin and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, they are done!


As you can see, I made both regular-sized muffins and mini muffins.  Muffins and cupcakes freeze surprisingly well.  The leftovers from our trip are in my freezer right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment