Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fries!

Who doesn't love fries? Luckily, you can create delicious fries at home that are way better for you than those ordered at fast food restaurants. Plus, it's really simple.  All you have to do is cut up a potato or sweet potato (my favorite--extra flavor AND nutrients) into the shape of your favorite fry.  I made traditional sticks this time, but you can also make steak fries, round fries, wedges, etc.  I'm sure there's a way to make waffle fries too, but I have no idea what that is.  Let me know if you know how to do it! After the fries are cut, toss them in olive oil (healthier than vegetable or corn oil) and whatever spices you like.  The plain potato fries here were made with salt pepper and parsley, while the sweet potato fries were made with cayenne and salt. Here are the fries before baking:





And after:

 


What kind of fries do you prefer?  Potato or sweet potato?

No comments:

Post a Comment