Sunday, July 15, 2012

Peach Plum Crisp

 

At work, all of my team members' birthdays fall in the summer.  Last week I made brownies for one coworker's birthday.  This week, I oet a little more creative and made a peach plum crisp for another coworker's birthday.  My birthday is up next, so I won't have to worry about that one!  I am requesting, however, a dessert involving berries, chocolate, and cheesecake at some point.  Luckily for me, my wonderful boyfriend has that one covered.

Here are the main ingredients in my crisp:  3 plums, 2 peaches, flour, turbinado sugar, brown sugar, old fashioned oats, vanilla, butter, and nutmeg.

 

The first step was to prepare the fruit base.  I sliced up the peaches and plums and mixed them with a little less than 1/2 a cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, a little vanilla, and some nutmeg.  All of these measurements are approximate, as I didn't really follow one recipe. 


I let the fruit marinate, if you will, for about ten minutes while I prepared the crumble to go on top. The fruit got nice and juicy thanks to the sugar and developed a nice syrup. For the crumble, I mixed together half a stick of butter, brown sugar, flour, and oatmeal.  I found that the easiest way to mix everything together was actually with my fingers.  I tried using a fork, but the butter kept sticking to it.

 

I then baked the crisp in the oven for about half an hour.  You can see in this picture that I had enough leftover to create a mini "tester" crisp alongside a pie plate full of crisp. While not on purpose, this worked out perfectly, as I was able to test the product before serving my first attempt at a recipe to a group of people.  Luckily, the crisp was delicious on the first try!  At our surprise party at work, we ate the crisp along with vanilla ice cream. My coworkers were very impressed and the four of us finished all except for one serving of the large crisp. 




No comments:

Post a Comment