Saturday, July 7, 2012

Easy shrimp dinner


Here is an example of a weeknight dinner that I made when I thought I had no food.  My thought process went something like this. "Well, I have some asparagus from the farmer's market left in the fridge, but that's about it...  I guess there's some shrimp in the freezer, I could do something with that.  Luckily that doesn't take too long to defrost...Oh, and I always have pasta or something in the cabinet....  Well that sounds like dinner."

So here's what I did. I blanched the asparagus in boiling water while boiling noodles, which were later tossed with butter, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.  At the same time, I also sauteed some chopped up onion and peeled shrimp with a little Cajun seasoning.

 

There were a lot of pans going at once, but all were very simple. Here is the final product: an easy, nutritious and delicious weeknight dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment