Monday, July 16, 2012

Zucchini noodles with shrimp

For the past couple of weeks, I have been seeing zucchini noodles in the blogosphere.  Somehow people were using zucchini as noodles.  What? Personally, I am not a huge fan of zucchini.  One summer full of one too many from the garden... My dad had given me yet another zucchini from the garden, though, so I decided to try making zucchini noodles myself.

First I cut the zucchini into thin slivers, as closely resembling noodles as possible.   I think that a potato peeler would have done a nice job here, but since I didn't have one, I used a knife and did the best I could.

 

 After the zucchini was sufficiently sliced and diced, I blanched it in boiling water.


Then, I sauteed the "noodles" with olive oil, shrimp, tomatoes, onion, and Cajun seasoning.


It turns out that zucchini noodles taste like, well, zucchini. The Cajun seasoning and tomato sauce couldn't hide that distinctive flavor.  Maybe if the noodles were cut thinner they would lose their taste?  One can only hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment