Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fish Tacos

A few weeks ago my mom and I went to Bonefish Grill.  I asked my mom if she had seen the Facebook app about foods to try before you die.  She had, and we realized that one of the foods that was uneaten on both of our lists  was fish tacos.  She ordered fish tacos at dinner, and we both loved them. The next time I went home, we decided to make them for ourselves. This recipe is a Ryberg original.

First we pan fried two filets of tilapia covered in Old Bay seasoning.  We used one fillet per taco. This may seem like a lot of fish for one taco, but it seemed just right once done.


While the fish was cooking, we created a mango salsa to put on top.  It included mango, onion, and cucumber.  If we had cilantro, we would have used some of that too.  We also added some lettuce on top of the fish and salsa.


Here is our final presentation: fish taco, salad with mango salsa on top, and some mango slices for dessert.  We ate our dinner outside.  It was a nice, refreshingly light summer meal. I will definitely be making this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment