Thursday, May 3, 2012

Shrimp Stirfry

 

When I've made stirfries in the past (see this post), I've always made them vegetarian or used chicken.  Tuesday night I had a craving for fish, but had none in the freezer.  Instead, I made up this shrimp stirfry.  

Here are the ingredients (from bottom left): one giant garlic clove, one half of a green bell pepper, one head of broccoli broccoli, one quarter of an onion, and ginger. Not pictured are olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, cooking wine, pepper, and sriracha.

 

And of course shrimp.  I had some frozen shrimp in my freezer which I put in water and then in the fridge before going for a run.  When I came back they were thawed.  I ended up using ten shrimp in this dish.


 Then, all I did was cook everything together in a pan on medium heat for about ten minutes.  I started with only the vegetables because they took longer to cook than the shrimp.  Once the broccoli and pepper were tender, I added in the shrimp and seasonings.


And voila! Here is my shrimp stirfry.  It is so fresh you can see the steam in the picture. 


When I made this dish, I intended to make enough for two servings and have leftovers for lunch the next day.  It turns out this stirfry was so good that I ate it all in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment