Sunday, May 27, 2012

Focaccia

 

After I made my vegetable broth, I wanted to use some of my leftover vegetables.  I decided to put them to good use on top of some focaccia. The recipe I used came from the Food Network. Since you can check out the recipe with the link, I won't go into too many details about the process. 

Basically, first I made dough and let it rise. I modified the recipe by substituting half of the flour with whole wheat flour. That is why the dough has a darker coloring.


After the dough doubled in size, I spread it out on a pizza pan and let it rest for a few minutes.


Then, I sprinkled on my toppings and baked it in the oven. You can see here that I added roasted vegetables, olives, cheese, oregano, parsley, and rosemary.

 

This focaccia had a great texture, even with the whole wheat flour.  I ate it for lunch most days of the week that I made it.  I found that heating it up in the toaster oven worked wonderfully.



No comments:

Post a Comment