Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Vegan Mondays: Week Two

This week was my second attempt at eating exclusively plant-based foods on Monday.   The pictures are not great because they were all taken from my cell phone, and the recipes were not new, but unlike last week, I succeeded in eating only vegan foods.

For breakfast I had peanut butter banana overnight oats.  The ingredients were: organic steel cut oats, vanilla soy yogurt, vanilla soy milk, natural peanut butter, flax seeds, and one banana.  The steel cut oats give the oatmeal a completely different texture than rolled or quick oats.

 

For lunch I had edamame salad over spinach.  Check out a more enticing picture of this recipe in my previous blog post here. The ingredients for this salad were: spinach, onion, edamame, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and green bell pepper.  The dressing was made from: olive oil, miso paste, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil.


And for dinner I made taco salad.  This was probably the most exciting meal of the day.  Again, I've blogged about this dish before, so I won't go into too much detail. You can check it out here.  The ingredients were: whole wheat tortilla, avocado, green bell pepper, black beans, tomato, corn, onion, and fajita seasoning.

 

I think that I did a pretty good job of hitting all of the food groups in this week's vegan adventure.  I got carbs in breakfast and dinner; vegetables in lunch and dinner; fruit at breakfast; and protein in breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I'm not sure if soy milk and yogurt count as dairy products in the food pyramid, but if they do, I had those covered at breakfast too.   What's your favorite vegan dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment