Sunday, January 8, 2012

Breakfast!

I haven't had any posts about breakfast yet, but I'm pretty sure it is my favorite meal.  I really do believe that it is the most important meal of the day. I cannot get going without it, that's for sure.

Smiley face pancakes. Brandon's parents gave him a pan to make smiley pancakes last year for Christmas.  They are nice and fun and little!  Brandon topped his with syrup, and I topped mine with plain yogurt and blackberries. Yummm.

And here, we have waffles topped with yogurt and berries.  The great thing about waffles is that you can make a full batch, and then store the leftovers in the refrigerator.  Whenever you want a waffle without spending the time making them, just pop in the toaster, and thirty seconds later you have a fresh-tasking waffle ready to go!


Growing up on a farm with chickens, I was privileged to have fresh farm eggs on the weekends for breakfast.  While I was home over the holidays, my dad made us fried eggs for breakfast.  We had almost enough farm eggs for everyone, except now that my brothers are pigs and want 3 eggs each, we had to use one store egg.  Check out the difference here.  The farm egg is on the right, and the normal (non-organic) store egg is on the left.  The yolk of the farm egg is much deeper in color, and the white is much thicker.  It's amazing how much the eggs differ not only in taste, but also in appearance.  I'm curious to see how organic, free-range, and other types of eggs compare to these.



No comments:

Post a Comment